Saturday, May 15, 2010

Why DO We Do.......


What I am about to write is nothing new, happens every day, all around us, some of us even participate in it ourselves.
But being in the state of mind I am it is so frustrating to watch and see.
It goes along the question of...
Why Do We Do What We Do When We Know What We Know?

It really came to mind yesterday as we were heading home from downtown, a fairly long drive. Reesa was driving and it gave me an opportunity to see...
A cyclist weaving in and out of traffic seemingly oblivious to physical risk, let alone the law.A woman driving on a busy Highway 401 and applying her make-up at the same time.
Another individual driving along with the windows closed and puffing away on a cigarette.
At least 1 in 5 drivers on their cell phones, even though a recent law prohibits this activity.
Drivers carelessly weaving in and out of traffic desperately trying to get to that next red light first.
Drivers speeding, following too closely, basically being totally careless.
As I said at the beginning, this is nothing new.
We live in a -
"me first" society
got to get ahead no matter the cost, society
it'll never happen to me attitude in our society
"I've got a long life to live" society
BUT WHY?
What do they all have in common?
In my opinion a total disrespect to the Gift of Life.
So much is taken for granted!!
STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES
DO NOT TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED
BE APPRECIATIVE - LIFE IS A GIFT
RESPECT YOUR SELF

So much can happen in a split second that may alter one's life forever, never mind possibly ending one's life due to carelessness.

I guess when you fight to stay alive each and every day it gets really frustrating watch people taking life for granted.
Live every day as if its your last.
Do the right thing.
If you know it not the right thing to do or say - DON'T.
So that's my "vent" for today-you never know where the next inspirational thought will come from-but usually its right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment