Sunday, September 26, 2010

I Am Baaaack


Hello Family, Friends and Followers


Well as you can tell from my last Blog, it has been quite a while. Unfortunately the abscence was due to health reasons and even though they are not behind me, I am in a position now where I can dedicate the time to add to the Blog.


I have had the time to think though so look out, there may be some very thought provoking blogs coming your way.

As I had mentioned in the past, I am not here to offer answers but simply share some thoughts and inspire discussion. These thoughts deal with Life and Death, some are deeply personal ones and I hope to share what has worked for me.


So without further delay let's get started with a light hearted topic..................................


Can A Person Die If They Haven't Lived?


Read it again-Can A Man or Woman Die if They Haven't Lived

What would the Eulogy read?
What would the Obituary Say?


Well this does pose a good question. I told you it would be light hearted-

What is Life? and What is Death?

Is Life a Physical Form or Spiritual Form?

Is Death a Spiritual or Physical From?

Well folks when one is faced with their own mortality a lot starts to happen in the 'grey matter' between the ears.
And let me suggest this as well-are we not all facing our own mortality the very day we are born?



Life for a 6 month old is very different than life for a 6 year old, 16 year old and 60 year old. At different points of our lives we are either influenced by society and those around us, or are in a position to influence others. Life offers different opportunities, challenges, obstacles and horizons. Life for some means getting up at the very early hours in the morning, getting the family ready for their daily chores and then going out to work 2 jobs in order to keep a roof over their head and a stocked fridge.

Forget the TV and computer, this is simply survival mode.


Life for others means the ability to work from home, earn inordinate amounts of money, vacation throughout the year and afford the best of luxuries.


Has one "Lived" more than the other?
Is one "Happier" than the other?


Is one's Obituary going to be glowing more than the other?
Is one seen to have accomplished more than the other?


And if so, I ask WHY? According to Whom?


Why is it that in this 21st Century, in this progressive (I am only alluding to our North American) Society is there so much inequity?


So many ways in which to LIVE? and make it count.

I believe we all start with the same OPPORTUNITIES.

But ask yourself this-Are you the Sailor or the Wind? Are you where you are Today because of the direction of the wind or the direction of the sail?


Which DO YOU CONTROL?

And that in a nutshell brings the point of THOUGHT! of CHOICE! of DECISION! of PASSION! and COMMITMENT!

I have been a big fan of the Personal Development field for years and continue to be so. These thoughts I have thrown your way are topics that have been in discussion a lot longer than I have even been around (52 years) but yet even today they still bring to the table a lot of discussions and ultimately some mirror gazing and decision making.


O.K. I need a break, this is indeed deep. I'll continue shortly on this very topic with hopefully some inspiration and motivation. But do take the time to think about some of this, reflect how your decisions got you to where you are. Are you leading a fulfilling life?-and that will be very different to many people.

I'd like to share my thoughts about Thought, Decision, Choices on my next Blog.



GLAD TO BE BAaaaCK!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back.
    This is an amazing and huge topic, with various answers. It is been in my line of thoughts for a long time and especially after the passing of my mother-in-law and my husband last year.
    Who says what is right and what is wrong.It is all the book of law as Don Miguel Ruiz calls it.
    It is the ego most of the time and the norm that we creat.
    What is a fulfilling life for someone, may seem like a total waste for someone else. But this is just the diferent point of view, isn't it.
    Looking forward for more blogs.

    ReplyDelete