Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reasoning

I had a conversation with a friend recently who has also been through some serious health issues recently.
She was lamenting and trying to reason the "Why" and "Why Me/Us" syndrome.
Part of the conversation (by e-mail) from her read as such;
"...I just don't know. I am still trying to find justification for all our whole family has been through since 2001."


"...Some are the same fears that we have for you and other fears you have that we cannot understand. There has to be a reason for all of it. I just don't get it."
REASONING
JUSTIFICATION
We all want the above, throughout our lives. Whether health related, job/profession related (lost a job, promotion), socially related (lost a boyfriend/girlfriend) and numerous other of life's moments.
I took some time before replying and did so with the following;
Time and time again I have come to understand that there is no answer to why or why me. The best I can decipher, as difficult as it is to do so , is to ACCEPT. Acceptance brings peace, acceptance brings being able to decide "what now" and to move on. Over the past 30 years I have faced 5 surgeries, not the least of which was the transplant and eventually my current crisis. While I can easily suggests that I am walking under a dark cloud, I honestly have to say that I am lucky. All that has occurred to date could have materialized in much more different and serious results. However here I am, here we all are able to reflect, discuss, support and realize that despite it all we have survived. That's as lucky as one can be and we continue to march forward with the lessons we've learned. Our lives as you know are journeys and as such bring with them peaks and valleys, forks on the road and challenges and decisions to make. The biggest decision is - the past is behind. Focus through the windshield not the rear-view mirror. Also -what have I learned from my experiences and how can I use this to protect and motivate myself going forward.
Lastly, if you read my Blog post from today (finally got around to it), the important message is...Are you the sailor or the sail? Is the wind directing you or can you control the sail and direction?


I welcome your feedback........

No comments:

Post a Comment